Getting involved in the Young Liberal Movement will provide you with many opportunities to develop crucial leadership, political and life skills.
You can hone your policy and speaking skills debating at Young Liberal Council and branch meetings, learn to network and connect with people from all walks of life, develop your critical thinking skills, and learn more about the political system.
Young Liberals also have opportunities to take on leadership roles at local, state and federal levels, and to run for elected office within the party and the community.
For more than fifty years, the NSW Young Liberal Movement has produced outstanding Australian leaders in politics, business and the community. The Movement has opened many doors for its members, and we look forward to doing the same for you.
Networking & Social Events
- Monthly Young Liberal Council meetings with guest speakers and networking opportunities
- Casual drinks and social functions
- Professional networking with prominent politicians and business leaders
- Annual Young Liberal Ball with a keynote address from a prominent Liberal figure and a black-tie dinner
Policy Events & Debates
- Monthly Young Liberal Council meetings with policy debates
- Annual Mock Parliament against Young Labor on the floor of the NSW Parliament
- Debating and public speaking competitions
- Branch meetings with policy debate
The Young Liberal Flying Squad is the campaign arm of the Young Liberal Movement, and provides critical campaign support to marginal seat campaigns in the lead up to elections and by-elections. Campaigning can take you anywhere from down the road, to the other side of the state, and is one of the our Movement's most important activities.